top of page
CITY HALL ANNEX
An adaptive reuse of a single-story wood-frame 1860’s historic Presbyterian Church into the City of Black Hawk’s City Council Chamber & offices. The Building functioned as a gymnasium for the adjacent school-house in the early 1900’s and was abandon thereafter until the 1990’s. The high volume of the interior created the opportunity for a second floor addition, where the City Council chamber now resides. Each meeting is initiated with an honorary citizen pulling the ropes to the historic brass bell within the tower. The exterior siding was restored in place and custom wood windows were recreated matching the style, construction, and operation of the historic casement windows. The historic woof floor joists, where not reused, were milled into new wainscot & trim within the meeting room. The historic wood access ladder to the bell remains in-place and provides a hint to look up while in the entry as you stand below the historic bell.
Black Hawk, Colorado
4,350 SF, Historic Preservation and Rehabilitation
City of Black Hawk
Architecture, Team Lead, Design, Construction Administration
bottom of page